Residents have the opportunity to participate in many academic conferences including but not limited to:
• Weekly case conference: includes radiology rounds, morbidity & mortality report, and treatment planning with case presentations
• Monthly academic day: entire day dedicated to a selected topic, includes lectures, hands on components and case presentations
• Monthly CPC conference: lecture and case presentation form LSUSD Pathology Department.
• Quarterly orthognathic training conference while on Charlotte rotation.
• Annual: LSU Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery review course is a 6 day course that emphasizes critical areas of surgery with scientific support and prepares surgeons and residents for specialty board examination.
Residents are also given the opportunity to participate in the ACOMS Hands-On Facial Cosmetic Surgery Course that is hosted by Dr. Jon Perenack, DDS, MD.
Each year selected residents are also sent to the annual AAOMS conference to present and review research projects.
Cadaver training lab (Including Microvascular, Orthognathic approaches, Craniofacial approaches, and TMJ approaches)