Patient Rights and
All patients of record are entitled to:
- information concerning their current dental
- a clear explanation of recommended
treatment, alternatives that may be available,
and the consequences of no care.
- quality of care equal to the standards of
care of the profession.
- advance knowledge of the estimated cost of
- treatment provided with respect,
consideration and confidentiality.
- ask questions about their treatment.
- give consent for procedures to be performed.
- confidentiality about their medical/dental
health and information contained in their
- emergency care provided either at the School
of Dentistry or at a designated off campus site
- incremental treatment with the ultimate goal
of total care.
- access to a patient advocate.
LSUSD Patients Rights and Responsibilities
Notice of Privacy Practices