Alumnus of the Year Award (Est. 1998)
The Alumnus/ae of the Year Award is the highest honor bestowed upon alumni of the LSUHSC School of Dentistry. The hallmark of each recipient is a personal commitment to strengthen the mission of the school through the unselfish giving of their time, talents and resources.
To be considered for the Alumnus of the Year Award, a nominee will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from LSUHSC School of Dentistry or its predecessor Loyola University.
- Nominee has demonstrated an interest in furthering the LSUSD mission through volunteerism and financial support.
- Nominee has exhibited integrity and is recognized by peers as an outstanding dental professional.
Ralph Dauterive, DDS, Loyola '53
1999 Harry E. Goza, DDS '78
2000 Henry A. Gremillion, DDS '77
2001 Michael T. Robichaux, DDS '72
2002 Ronald A. Bell, DDS '73
2003 Gerard J. Chiche, DDS, Pros '79
2004 Gerard R. Tully, Jr., DDS '75
2005 Denis E. Simon III, DDS '76
2006 A. Fred McMullen III, DDS '87, Endo '89
2007 Randolph D. Green, DDS '78
2009 Virginia Angelico-Tatum, DDS '79
2010 Sandra C. Andrieu, PhD, DH '72
2011 Eric T. Geist, DDS '79, OMS '84
2012 Robert L. Skinner, DDS '86
2014 John M. Barksdale, Jr., DDS '75
2015 Robert E. Barsley, Jr., DDS '77, JD
2015 Raymond Unland, Jr., DDS '82 (In Memoriam)
Kristi M. Soileau, DDS '85, Perio '88
Nelson Daly, DDS '93
Distinguished Alumnus Award (Est. 2014)
The Distinguished Alumnus/ae Award recognizes a LSUSD graduate who has shown extraordinary lifetime professional achievements in the areas of dental education, dental research or community service. This award honors those who have made significant contributions to strengthen the profession of dentistry nationally or internationally.
To be considered for the Distinguished Alumnus Award, a nominee will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Nominee must hold an earned degree from LSU School of Dentistry or its predecessor Loyola University.
- Nominee has exhibited integrity and a demonstrated commitment of service through research, education or volunteer efforts.
- Nominee is active in professional organizations and has held leadership positions.
- Nominee is recognized by peers as an outstanding dental professional.
Douglas D. Damm, DDS '77
2015 John A. Hendry, DDS '77, Pediatric Dentistry '79
2016 Robert L. Delarosa, DDS '81
Rear Admiral Richard C. Vinci, DC, USN, DDS '77
To be considered for an award, nominations are required.
Click HERE to nominate.
Please email any additional documents that will strengthen your nomination to firstname.lastname@example.org. For example, letters of support from others, CVs or a brief biography, etc
nominations are confidential and will be forwarded to the LSUSD Alumni
Association Board of Directors Nominations Committee for
Deadline for submission is July 31, 2017.
Dr. Ike House, Chair, Nominations Committee
LSUHSC School of Dentistry
1100 Florida Avenue, Box 143
New Orleans, LA 70119
Fax: (504) 941-8121