Applications are now CLOSED
Application Process Instructions
INSTRUCTIONS - PROGRAM IN DENTAL HYGIENE
Application to the School of Dentistry
The LSUHSC School of Dentistry participates in the ADEA administered Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (DHCAS). All applications for admission to the first year class for LSUHSC School of Dentistry Dental Hygiene Program must be submitted through this service. The application is in two sections. Section I is the DHCAS application process. Section II is supporting documents mailed directly to LSUHSC School of Dentistry.
1. Applicants should apply to the entry-level program in DHCAS (www.adea.org).
2. Transcripts mailed to ADEA DHCAS Transcript Processing Center, P.O. Box 9129
Watertown, MA 02471. Separate Transcripts must be submitted for all colleges attended. (Submit after fall semester completed.)
3. Two letters of reference, one from a college professor and the other from an additional professor, dentist, co-worker or employer. These letters should be submitted through DHCAS, a maximum of three are accepted. (This will replace the Confidential Rating form.)
4. Copy of Driver's License.
5. Personal essay.
Arrange to have the following information sent
directly to LSU School of Dentistry, Office of
1100 Florida Ave., Box
New Orleans, LA 70119.
1. $50.00 Check or money-order.
Payable to: LSUHSC (Non-refundable application
2. Resident Verification this form requires PDF
reader software to view it. You can download a free PDF Reader here.
3. Passport sized photo (2 ½ x 2 ½) attached to
Resident Verification form
4. Copy of your current Draft Card status
(males only) you can print a copy off the internet
5. Official ACT scores must be submitted to our
office from ACT. It is your responsibility to
contact the ACT Office at 319-337-1313 for
permission to release scores to LSUHSC. The ACT
School code is 1601. No
photocopies accepted. This requirement will not be waived, placement test will not substitute for this requirement.
Dental Hygiene applicants must be residents of
Your application will not be processed until
all of the following information/documentation is
received by the LSUSD Office of Student
It is the applicant’s responsibility to
make sure all items are received by the deadline, February
Ms. Carrie Mason, RDH, MEd, Director
of Dental Hygiene
Local: (504) 941-8156
Fax: (504) 941-8154
Jorge Nunez Mendez, Coordinator of Admissions
Local: (504) 941-8124